IFAJ-DeLaval Star Prize for Photography
The International Federation of Agricultural Journalists (IFAJ) invites individual members to enter a contest recognizing the best agricultural photography. The prize is called the 2015 IFAJ-DeLaval Star Prize for Agricultural Photography.
Any member in good standing of a national association or guild that is a member of IFAJ may enter one published photograph in each category. National agricultural journalist associations and guilds that are members of IFAJ may each enter up to three photos each (one photo per category). A national association may enter a photo taken by someone who is not a member of their association. However there is a fee for such entries (see below).
There is no entry fee for any member in good standing of a national guild that is affiliated with the IFAJ. There is a fee of 25 Euros for an entry submitted by a national guild if the photo was taken by someone who is not a member of their association or guild.
To be eligible for entry, a photograph must:
- Be submitted by May 15, 2015 (please note, the submission process is not open yet but will by late April)
- Be on an agricultural subject
- Fit in one of three categories:
2. Production - this includes photos of machinery or technical aspects of farming, plant and animal production, bioenergy etc.
- Have been published as editorial material in a printed publication or on the Internet between January 1, 2014 and December 31, 2014.
- May be either colour or black & white.
- Photographers may enter only one photo in each of the three categories.
May 15, 2015
All photos will be judged on creativity, quality and impact. Photographs in this contest should enhance the editorial message of the associated story or technical copy.
- The winners of each of the three categories will be awarded a certificate and a cash prize of 500 Euros.
- An overall winner will be chosen from the three category winners. The overall winner will receive a trophy and an additional cash prize of 250 Euros.
- Three highly commended photos will be awarded at the judges discretion. They will receive 100 Euros each.
- The awards will be presented during the 2015 IFAJ Congress in New Zealand, October 2015. Entrants need not be present to win.
Contact photo contest coordinator Allison Finnamore (allison(at)finnamore.ca)
Details to come