IFAJ’s Congress is once again virtual, which offers all members a great opportunity to participate from anywhere across the globe.
The three-day program includes a day of webinars on Monday, 23 August; the IFAJ Delegate Assembly on Tuesday, 24 August; and the IFAJ Star Prize, Salute to Denmark and an online social on Wednesday, 25 August. All events are free on Zoom.
The Monday program begins at 09:00 GMT on 23 August and includes a packed agenda, including:
- 09:00 Welcome by President Lena Johansson of IFAJ
- 09:05 Panel on Global Trade featuring Carlo Dade of the Canwest Foundation and moderator Yewande Kazeem, founder of Wandieville Media
- 10:30 Virtual tour of Belgian agriculture, hosted by Melanie Epp
- 11:45 Panel on Climate Change in Agriculture, moderated by environmental journalist Farah Ayyat and featuring Safa’ al Jayoussi of the Climate Action Network, Middle East
- 13:00 Rural Youth Panel hosted by moderator Jane Craigie, founder of Jane Craigie Marketing. This program will also feature Jodie Gunders of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, speaking about her research on public broadcasting and agriculture she conducted with her IFAJ/Caterpillar Bursary
- 15:00 Press Freedom Panel, featuring Finnish investigative journalist Jessikka Aro and exiled Somali journalist Daud Abdi Daud, founder of Radio Hope. The panel will be moderated by IFAJ Freedom of the Press Committee chair Micke Godtfredsen
All IFAJ members are welcome to attend the live program. Panels will also be recorded and available later on our website.
The IFAJ Delegate Assembly will be held on Tuesday, 24 August at 09:00 GMT. IFAJ Executives have received the agenda and voting items. Any IFAJ member is welcome to attend the business meeting, and only registered delegates from member countries are allowed to vote.
For details on the Delegate Assembly, contact Hugh in the IFAJ Global Office.
Wednesday, August 25, is a day of celebration—a look ahead to the 2022 Congress with a Salute to Denmark, followed by the IFAJ Star Prize Award ceremony. The festivities will begin at 14:00 GMT.
Following the award ceremony, we will hold a social hour on Zoom with breakout rooms so participants can catch up with old friends and meet new ones. COVID may have postponed Congress for a second year, but it has not dampened IFAJ’s commitment to learning, networking and friendship!