The Star Prize for Print recognizes the best agricultural writing of the year among journalists in IFAJ member countries.
IFAJ members in good standing are welcome to submit one entry from members of their guilds.
• Entries must be submitted by guilds, not by individual members.
• It is up to each member country to determine how it selects its entry.
There is no entry fee.
To be eligible, the entry must:
• Be a story about some aspect of agriculture or rural life.
• The story may be the work of more than one journalist.
• Have been published between January 1 and December 31, 2022.
• Have been a winning entry in a guild’s domestic award competition that was held between 1 January and 31 December 2022
• Be submitted in English. Articles written in other languages must be translated into English. (Translation assistance is available: see below.)
• Be a single story. Providing multiple pieces that make up a series is not permitted. In such a situation, select one story from the series to enter.
A guild representative who is authorized to submit on behalf of the guild may fill out the current application form online, found on the IFAJ website. Submissions made with any outdated forms will not be accepted.
The following must also be included for the entry before the deadline;
● If the article was published in a language other than English, the entry must be accompanied by the complete translation. If translation into English, is not available, contact the IFAJ Global Office as soon as possible: IFAJ will arrange and pay for translation for a guild’s article entry and the translated version will be sent back to the Guild for review before it is sent to the judges.
Deadline: February 28, 2023
Writing will be judged on style, credibility, creativity, clarity, use of detail, objectivity and relevance to the audience. The layout and design of the article will not be considered in the judging process.
If you have any questions please contact the contest administrator using the form below.