It’s been a decade since the IFAJ Global Congress coincided with Ag Media Summit (AMS), the premier event for U.S. agricultural journalists and communicators. Not only will IFAJ attendees experience an extraordinary Congress among IFAJ member friends and colleagues, they gain free access to AMS events — from our Famous Welcome Party and InfoExpo trade show to expanded tours and 25 amazing professional development sessions.
IFAJ 2019 Congress kicks off on Friday evening, July 26 with a Welcome Party river cruise. If you are on the IFAJ Executive Committee, please arrive Thursday, July 25 because the Executive meeting begins at 9:00 AM (Central US Time Zone) on Friday. Also, if you plan to attend the July 23-25 Northeast Iowa Pre-Tour (cool tour that includes two nights staying with farm families), your bus will arrive back at the Congress hotel by 8:00 PM on Thursday evening. And to help you complete your air travel, Congress ends with the traditional Closing dinner and awards ceremony on Tuesday night, July 30. Three amazing post tours all begin on Wednesday, July 31.
We have just updated the Congress website (IFAJ2019.org) with all the program details. Start with the Schedule page and scroll down for a quick outline. To read all program and tour details, click on Printable Schedule. On the Tours tab you will discover your adventures during Congress, as well as the pre-tour and three post-tours.
We are excited to welcome our fellow IFAJ members to share in the 2019 IFAJ Congress and Ag Media Summit. We believe it will deliver great value beyond the fees — which include five nights lodging, 15 meals and three days of diverse tours — to deliver story value to journalists, along with great information for company/PR communication professionals.
Some highlights, among many:
- Talks and sessions on valuable topics like freedom of the press, food security innovation, impact of Trump on the news media, farmer data and sustainability, and farmer emotional health.
- Tour opportunities run the gamut from urban agriculture, fish/lettuce farm, craft beer, university research and various livestock farms, to precision farming technology, seed research and much more.
- Learn and polish skills in such sessions on writing, photography, videography, drone photography, magazine layout, podcasting, infographics, storytelling, sales tips, PR efforts, working with influencers and more.
- Opportunity to network with 500 or more AAEA members (U.S. IFAJ Guild) and Livestock Publications Council members. You’ll also have the opportunity to interview US/global company executives during our InfoExpo trade show.
- Pre-Tour: Longtime IFAJ Congress attendee and Iowa farmer Harlen Persinger offers a unique northeast Iowa tour for 12-15 people. You get to stay with farm families while visiting his farm and many unique locations.
- Post-Tours: With three excellent tours to choose from, we’ve captured a fascinating showcase of both upper Midwest and West Coast U.S. agriculture.
Despite increasing U.S. hotel/food/venue costs, sponsors have helped us keep early-bird registration costs only $100 higher than our 2009 Congress. Don’t delay, as early bird registration pricing ends April 30, 2019. Go to Registration page and click on Full Registration for IFAJ Congress.
Be sure to friend and follow our “AMS IFAJ 2019” Facebook page for updates and links to further information.
We encourage you to check out all the schedule details to view the wide diversity of tours and sessions, included in the IFAJ registration fee. If you have questions, fill out the form on the Contact page, or email Congress co-chairs Carey Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kurt Lawton (email@example.com).
We are excited to welcome you to Minnesota for “Global Connections in America’s Heartland.”
Carey Brown & Kurt Lawton
IFAJ 2019 co-chairs