The IFAJ-Alltech Young Leaders in Agricultural Journalism Award recognizes the leadership potential of young members from countries belonging to IFAJ, and supports their participation at an IFAJ congress through this award, designed to help offset travel and registration.
The Federation and Alltech believe it is important to support and nurture those who are destined to develop in the profession, to help IFAJ grow and to contribute positively to the global advancement of agricultural journalism and communications.
IFAJ is offering scholarship opportunities for young members of the federation. Guilds are encouraged to nominate candidates 35 years of age or younger for these scholarships.
This award includes participating in a unique boot camp that will provide expert training and feedback through on-site writing or broadcasting assignments. It further develops young leaders’ skills through formal in-class training. As a part of their learning experience, award winners will write or record spot news during the duration of the congress. Their stories will be made available to the general media and posted on the IFAJ website.
IFAJ Alltech Young Leaders Award sponsored by Alltech
Founded in 1980 by Irish entrepreneur and scientist Dr. Pearse Lyons, Alltech delivers smarter, more sustainable solutions for agriculture. Our products improve the health and performance of plants and animals, resulting in better nutrition for consumers and a decreased environmental impact.
We are a global leader in the animal health industry, producing specialty ingredients, premix supplements, feed and complete feed. Strengthened by more than 40 years of scientific research, we carry forward a legacy of innovation and a unique culture that views challenges through an entrepreneurial lens.
Our more than 5,000 talented team members worldwide share our vision for a Planet of Plenty™. We believe agriculture has the greatest potential to shape the future of our planet, but it will take all of us working together, led by science, technology and a shared will to make a difference.
Alltech is a private, family-owned company, which allows us to adapt quickly to our customers’ needs and maintain focus on advanced innovation. Headquartered just outside of Lexington, Kentucky, USA, Alltech has a strong presence in all regions of the world. For more information, visit alltech.com and join the conversation on Facebook, TwitterInstagram and LinkedIn.
Have a Question?
Feel free to contact Addy Rossi, secretary general, with any questions you may have using the contact form below.
1. All applicants must be IFAJ members.
2. The IFAJ-Alltech Young Leaders in Agricultural Journalism Award includes a stipend of to defray the costs of registration to Boot Camp and the IFAJ congress.
3. Guilds will choose one candidate from among the applicants from their country, and will complete the IFAJ application to submit as the official nomination.
4. The candidate must be able to attend the congress and the boot camp. If the candidate is selected but ultimately cannot attend the congress, the scholarship is forfeited and may be awarded to another candidate.
5. The Boot Camp training and congress are conducted in English and the candidate must be able to communicate and participate fully in English.
6. Candidates must be involved in agricultural journalism or communications.
7.Winners agree to contribute a 500-word story or three-minute video about their congress experiences to the IFAJ newsletter and/or website, 30 days after the congress. Winners will also share coverage resulting from the Boot Camp experience.
8. Candidates must be no more than 35 years old as of December 31, 2021.
9. Final judging will be conducted by a three-person panel and the judges’ decisions are final.
Please click on the link to the application form and fill in ALL of the information required.If you are an individual making this application please be advised that it will be received by IFAJ and forwarded to your Guild for consideration in their nomination process.
Deadline for an individual application is February 4, 2022
Deadline for the official Guild nomination is February 11, 2022
Winners may need to supplement these awards to cover their total expenses. Here are some suggested ways to supplement the award:
1. A financial contribution from the winners themselves.
2. Additional support from the winners’ guilds.
3. Supplementary support from another sponsor.
4. Supplementary support from the winners’ employers.