Ten participants have been selected for this year’s IFAJ-Alltech Young Leaders in Agricultural Journalism award. The successful applicants are:
Young leaders and masterclass participants 2012
- Katrin Fischer, editor at the engineering department, Dlz agrarmagazin, Germany
- Roman Goldberger, editor of Der Fortschrittliche Landwirt, Austria
- Anneli Groenewald, deputy editor in Farmers Weekly, South Africa
- Linda Grimstedt, editor in Land Lantbruk, Sweden
- Rebecca Jennings, specialist writer in Coretext, Australia
- Aisling Hussey, editor in Irish Country Living, Ireland
- Debra Murphy, field editor with RealAgriculture.com, Canada
- Alison Mann, editor in The Scottish Farmer, United Kingdom
- Fitnete Pashkaj, editor, Albania
- Jyotika Sood, editor, India
This is a revised list. One of the originally successful applicants is unable to participate. Judges selected the next highest scoring candidate for the vacancy.
All candidates were nominated by their respective agricultural journalism guilds. The selection process consisted of points for a written submission, judges’ impression of the candidates’ leadership potential, their proven leadership abilities and a narrative explaining their interest in the young leaders’ program.
The judges for the 2014 competition were IFAJ executive members Sue Miller from New Zealand, Per Henrik Hansen from Denmark and Antonio Brunori of Italy. Competition coordinator is Riitta Mustonen, IFAJ secretary general.